This detailed portrayal of St. Louis depicts the city in a time of significant prosperity, growth, and transformation. By the end of the nineteenth century St. Louis had become the fourth largest American city and was thriving economically. The city was experiencing massive cultural evolution and becoming one of the jewels of the American midwest. It had the nation’s tallest skyscraper constructed in 1891 and was as culturally significant as any American city at the time. Extensive railroad lines and St fueled the rapid westward expansion, and St. Louis was one of the largest hubs allowing travel throughout the nation to go through the city.
Produced in the distinctive Birds Eye perspective by noted lithographer Charles Juehne, a popular illustration style in the latter portions of the nineteenth century, this stunning map immediately transports the viewer back in time and creates a unique link between past and present. Birds Eye perspectives were produced as marketing materials for prominent cities and would detail notable businesses, civil buildings, and other enticing features.
St. Louis had seen industrialization like no other city following the Civil War's conclusion in 1865, and vast fortunes were being made in manufacturing plants. This created a population explosion as eager Southern Americans flocked to the city for employment. Additionally, its location at the Ohio, Mississippi, and Missouri rivers' confluence made it uniquely suited for inter-regional trade. Publish during a significant period in St. Louis’ evolution; this is truly an authentic piece of Americana cartographical history.
Our museum quality giclee print comes printed with archival ink on premium heavyweight matte paper. Shipped in a sturdy cardboard tube your print will arrive ready to be framed. This eye-catching vintage map reproduction print makes the perfect gift for anyone that loves history and imagery.
- VINTAGE MAP REPRODUCTION: You’ll love this high quality historic reproduction of 1895 map of St Louis MO. Our museum quality maps are archival grade, which means it will look great and last without fading for over 100 years. Our print to order maps are made in the USA and each map is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They make a perfect gift as well.
- MUSEUM QUALITY: This high quality map print will be a great addition to your vintage-themed wall. Don't waste money on cheap-looking, thin paper posters. We use thick, fine art print quality matte paper. Our professional’s choice matte paper displays artwork in high detail without glare. The color is vibrant and text is easy to read. When framed, this map looks absolutely stunning.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1895 Saint Louis Missouri map. This print is from an original found in the maps and geography division of the US Library of Congress. A true piece of history. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- READY TO FRAME: This 24 x 36 Inch print includes a 0.2 inch border for a perfect frame fit and look. Our maps are designed to fit easy-to-find standard frame sizes, saving you money from having to pay for a custom frame. Each map is inspected for quality and shipped in a rigid tube.
- HISTORIX: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. All our maps are proudly made in the USA. Customers all over the world love our vintage maps and we know you will too.