- VINTAGE MAP REPRODUCTION: You’ll love this high quality historic reproduction of 1900 Sonoma Map. Our museum quality maps are archival grade, which means it will look great and last without fading for over 100 years. Our print to order maps are made in the USA and each map is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They make a perfect gift as well.
- MUSEUM QUALITY: This high quality map print will be a great addition to your vintage-themed wall. Don't waste money on cheap-looking, thin paper posters. We use thick, fine art print quality matte paper. Our professional’s choice matte paper displays artwork in high detail without glare. The color is vibrant and the text is easy to read. When framed, this map looks absolutely stunning.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1900 Map of Sonoma County CA. This print is from an original found in the maps and geography division of the US Library of Congress. A true piece of history. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- READY TO FRAME: This print includes a 0.2 inch border for a perfect frame fit and look. Our maps are designed to fit easy-to-find standard frame sizes, saving you money from having to pay for a custom frame. Each map is inspected for quality and shipped in a rigid tube.
- HISTORIX: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. All our maps are proudly made in the USA. Customers all over the world love our vintage maps and we know you will too.
Published at the turn of the nineteenth century, this highly detailed and aesthetically unique depiction of Sonoma, Ca, instantly transports the viewer back in time and is an authentic piece of American cartographical history. This historic map shows the region in a period of growth and transformation as the State and Nation continued to progress during the so-called ‘Gilded Age.’ This period was marked by prosperity as America hurtled into a modern era.
The first non-indigenous settlers to Sonoma were Russians who established Fort Ross on the coast. The arrival of the San Francisco and North Pacific Railroad in 1870 had caused the population to expand during the later parts of the nineteenth century rapidly. In 1906 a powerful earthquake in San Francisco caused extensive damage throughout Sonoma County. While the area remained predominantly agrarian during the nineteenth century, it would become famous for its wine production by the middle of the twentieth century. Its lush geography and mild climate would make it a premier destination for tourism on the west coast. The fertile land allowed for a robust harvest, and by 1920 Sonoma County was the eight most productive farming region in the United States.
The region had been ceded to the United States from Mexico in 1848 following the conclusion of the Mexican-American War and was the largest land cession since the Louisiana Purchas in 1803. This created contiguous control from the Atlantic to Pacific Oceans and represented years of American efforts to have a continual border.
Our museum quality giclee print comes printed with archival ink on premium heavyweight matte paper. Shipped in a sturdy cardboard tube your print will arrive ready to be framed. This eye-catching vintage map reproduction print makes the perfect gift for anyone that loves history and imagery.