Published at the turn of the nineteenth century, this railroad map of Wisconsin would have provided invaluable information to residents and prospective immigrants at the time. Wisconsin had experienced a massive expansion in the late nineteenth century due to the increased access allowed by expanded rail lines. This access allowed farmers, dairies, and ranchers to export their products to the large cities on the East Coast, which were experiencing record prosperity during the so-called ‘Gilded Age.’
Wisconsin was admitted into the United States in 1848 as the 30th state, the last to be entirely East of the Mississippi River. Immigrants flocked to the region during the latter portion of the nineteenth century, establishing numerous farms and communities with distinct ties to their homelands in Scandinavia and Western Europe and becoming the nation’s largest milk producer. Famine and civil unrest in Ireland and Germany during this period also caused the arrival of hopeful immigrants who were able to establish some of the oldest breweries in the nation throughout the state.
By the turn of the nineteenth century, manufacturing had become an economic driver for the state, and cities like Madison and Milwaukee had become thriving urban centers attracting residents from their surrounding farmland for work in paper mills and other modern industries. These official railroad maps bear a unique aesthetic and immediately transport the viewer back in time, creating a link to the past and understanding of how these places evolve and grow. This is an authentic piece of American cartographical history.
Our museum quality giclee print comes printed with archival ink on premium heavyweight matte paper. Shipped in a sturdy cardboard tube your print will arrive ready to be framed. This eye-catching vintage map reproduction print makes the perfect gift for anyone that loves history and imagery.
- VINTAGE MAP REPRODUCTION: You’ll love this high quality historic reproduction of 1900 Wisconsin Map Poster. Our museum quality maps are archival grade, which means it will look great and last without fading for over 100 years. Our print to order maps are made in the USA and each map is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They make a perfect gift as well.
- MUSEUM QUALITY: This high quality map print will be a great addition to your vintage-themed wall. Don't waste money on cheap-looking, thin paper posters. We use thick, fine art print quality matte paper. Our professional’s choice matte paper displays artwork in high detail without glare. The color is vibrant and text is easy to read. When framed, this map looks absolutely stunning.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1900 Wisconsin State Map. This print is from an original found in the maps and geography division of the US Library of Congress. A true piece of history. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- READY TO FRAME: This 18 x 24 Inch print includes a 0.2 inch border for a perfect frame fit and look. Our maps are designed to fit easy-to-find standard frame sizes, saving you money from having to pay for a custom frame. Each map is inspected for quality and shipped in a rigid tube.
- HISTORIX: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. All our maps are proudly made in the USA. Customers all over the world love our vintage maps and we know you will too.