In the early twentieth century, Spokane was experiencing a boom in population and economic expansion. After the Great Northern Pacific Railroad's arrival in the late nineteenth century, Spokane became one of the most important rail hubs in the United States. Mining, agriculture, and logging supported a growing population, and immigrants flocked to the city for work. Irish and Western European immigrants built neighborhoods and communities around cultural lines with distinct characteristics and customs. Many of these neighborhoods still bear these identities to this day. However, Spokane would see a slow decline in population growth in 1910 caused by a loss of economic revenue in the mining industry.
Produced by local lithography company John W. Graham & Co, this detailed birds eye perspective immediately transports the viewer back in time, creating a bond between the past and present. Birds eye perspectives were wildly popular from the late nineteenth century until the 1920s and have a unique aesthetic and distinctive style that is immediately recognizable. These works were produced as promotional material for towns and cities to attract industrialists and workers alike by featuring notable civic features. Merchants and residents would also display them in a show of civic pride.
Located less than 100 miles from Canada, Spokane has developed a distinct culture and character informed by its location on the Spokane River. The economic and cultural capital of the Spokane-Couer d'Alene region, Spokane flourished in the late eighteenth and early twentieth centuries. This is truly an authentic piece of American cartographical history.
Our museum quality giclee print comes printed with archival ink on premium heavyweight matte paper. This eye-catching vintage map reproduction print makes the perfect gift for anyone that loves history and imagery.
- VINTAGE MAP REPRODUCTION: You’ll love this high quality historic reproduction of 1905 Spokane Washington Map. Our museum quality maps are archival grade, which means it will look great and last without fading for over 100 years. Our print to order maps are made in the USA and each map is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They make a perfect gift as well.
- MUSEUM QUALITY: This high quality map print will be a great addition to your vintage-themed wall. Don't waste money on cheap-looking, thin paper posters. We use thick, fine art print quality matte paper. Our professional’s choice matte paper displays artwork in high detail without glare. The color is vibrant and text is easy to read. When framed, this map looks absolutely stunning.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1905 Spokane Map. This print is from an original found in the maps and geography division of the US Library of Congress. A true piece of history. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- READY TO FRAME: This 18 x 24 Inch print includes a 0.2 inch border for a perfect frame fit and look. Our maps are designed to fit easy-to-find standard frame sizes, saving you money from having to pay for a custom frame. Each map is inspected for quality and shipped in a rigid tube.
- HISTORIX: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. All our maps are proudly made in the USA. Customers all over the world love our vintage maps and we know you will too.