Published during one of the most significant transitions in American History, this stunning depiction of the nation’s capital bears a unique aesthetic and style that immediately transports the viewer back in time, creating an indelible link between the past and present. Social, political, and cultural shifts were advancing rapidly during the so-called ‘Roaring 20s’, and Washington DC was driving change and growth as the political center of the United States. As the automobile grew in popularity and affordability, cities across the nation were transformed, and the rise in population surrounding Washington DC enabled commuters to establish communities in surrounding towns while the city itself increased in density.
Birds eye perspectives were wildly popular from the late nineteenth century until the 1920s and featured notable civic features to attract industrialists, workers, and residents alike. Home to all three branches of the Federal Government, Washington DC is under Federal jurisdiction and, as outlined in the constitution, not part of any US State. Its importance as the political epicenter of the United States has long informed the cities culture.
The city had undergone significant beautification projects at the start of the twentieth century while spending measures under the New Deal in the 1930s saw the construction of numerous memorials, government buildings, and museums. Washington DC holds some of the most iconic spaces in American History, and since its founding in 1791, has become synonymous with America as a whole. Illustrated with remarkable detail, this is truly an authentic piece of American cartographical History.
Our museum quality giclee print comes printed with archival ink on premium heavyweight matte paper. This eye-catching vintage map reproduction print makes the perfect gift for anyone that loves history and imagery.
- VINTAGE MAP REPRODUCTION: You’ll love this high quality historic reproduction of 1923 Washington DC Poster. Our museum quality maps are archival grade, which means it will look great and last without fading for over 100 years. Our print to order maps are made in the USA and each map is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They make a perfect gift as well.
- MUSEUM QUALITY: This high quality map print will be a great addition to your vintage-themed wall. Don't waste money on cheap-looking, thin paper posters. We use thick, fine art print quality matte paper. Our professional’s choice matte paper displays artwork in high detail without glare. The color is vibrant and text is easy to read. When framed, this map looks absolutely stunning.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1923 Washington DC Wall Art. This print is from an original found in the maps and geography division of the US Library of Congress. A true piece of history. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- READY TO FRAME: This 18 x 24 Inch print includes a 0.2 inch border for a perfect frame fit and look. Our maps are designed to fit easy-to-find standard frame sizes, saving you money from having to pay for a custom frame. Each map is inspected for quality and shipped in a rigid tube.
- HISTORIX: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. All our maps are proudly made in the USA. Customers all over the world love our vintage maps and we know you will too.