As depicted in this unique illustration of the iconic American city, Miami had experienced an enormous population explosion at the beginning of the 20th century, growing from just over 1,000 residents in 1900 to nearly 30,000 by 1925. Published only one year before the Great Miami Hurricane of 1926, this simple illustration of the city bears a unique aesthetic and immediately transports the viewer back in time, creating a link between present and past.
Numerous high-rise buildings were built in downtown Miami during the 1920s, and the city was experiencing a booming local economy and establishing a unique cultural identity that attracted residents from across the globe. This influx of residents saw the establishment of numerous neighborhoods and communities developed primarily around cultural lines. Many of these neighborhoods still exist today and have preserved their unique characteristics and distinct cultures. During the beginning of the 20th century, the expansion and growth of Miami had earned it the nickname, The Magic City, and it seemed this prosperity would continue.
The development of Miami required the Everglade marshlands surrounding the city to be dried up so that the land could be used for construction, and massive systems of canals were dug to give workers access. The Everglades were designated a National Park in 1934 and is the largest wilderness area east of the Mississippi River, and America’s largest tropical wilderness as well. Published during a pivotal time in Miami’s rich history, this is truly an authentic piece of American cartographical history.
Our museum quality giclee print comes printed with archival ink on premium heavyweight matte paper. Shipped in a sturdy cardboard tube your print will arrive ready to be framed. This eye-catching vintage map reproduction print makes the perfect gift for anyone that loves history and imagery.
- VINTAGE MAP REPRODUCTION: You’ll love this high quality historic reproduction of 1925 Miami Map Poster. Our museum quality maps are archival grade, which means it will look great and last without fading for over 100 years. Our print to order maps are made in the USA and each map is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They make a perfect gift as well.
- MUSEUM QUALITY: This high quality map print will be a great addition to your vintage-themed wall. Don't waste money on cheap-looking, thin paper posters. We use thick, fine art print quality matte paper. Our professional’s choice matte paper displays artwork in high detail without glare. The color is vibrant and text is easy to read. When framed, this map looks absolutely stunning.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1925 City of Miami Wall Art. This print is from an original found in the maps and geography division of the US Library of Congress. A true piece of history. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- READY TO FRAME: This 18 x 24 Inch print includes a 0.2 inch border for a perfect frame fit and look. Our maps are designed to fit easy-to-find standard frame sizes, saving you money from having to pay for a custom frame. Each map is inspected for quality and shipped in a rigid tube.
- HISTORIX: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. All our maps are proudly made in the USA. Customers all over the world love our vintage maps and we know you will too.