Produced and published by local mapmaker Kroll Map Company this unique depiction of Seattle shows the iconic American city in a time of great transition and growth. Illustrated by noted American artist Edwin C. Poland, this birds’ eye perspective immediately transports the viewer back in time and creates an indelible link between the past and present. These illustrations became popular in the middle of the 19th century and were still valued in the 1920s as displays of civic pride and marketing materials to attract workers and industrialists alike.
With a flourishing economy spurred on by shipbuilding during World War I, Seattle’s local culture was shifting to the Arts in the 1920s, and by the middle of the 20th century, the city had a thriving Jazz scene that launched the careers of noted musicians Ray Charles and Quincy Jones. 1924 marked the year of the first aerial circumnavigation of the world, and the plane landed at Seattle Sandy Point Airfield, which persuaded Congress to create a Naval Air Station at the site. Though Seattle’s economy had been one of the most productive at the turn of the century, it had stabilized by the 1920s, and many neighborhoods were established that exist to this day.
The so-called ‘Roaring Twenties’ saw Seattle at the vanguard of American culture, and as the city had rapidly expanded during the early parts of the 20th century, by 1925, things had calmed. This is truly an authentic piece of American cartographical history.
Our museum quality giclee print comes printed with archival ink on premium heavyweight matte paper. Shipped in a sturdy cardboard tube your print will arrive ready to be framed. This eye-catching vintage map reproduction print makes the perfect gift for anyone that loves history and imagery.
- VINTAGE MAP REPRODUCTION: You’ll love this high quality historic reproduction of 1925 Seattle Poster Map. Our museum quality maps are archival grade, which means it will look great and last without fading for over 100 years. Our print to order maps are made in the USA and each map is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They make a perfect gift as well.
- MUSEUM QUALITY: This high quality map print will be a great addition to your vintage-themed wall. Don't waste money on cheap-looking, thin paper posters. We use thick, fine art print quality matte paper. Our professional’s choice matte paper displays artwork in high detail without glare. The color is vibrant and text is easy to read. When framed, this map looks absolutely stunning.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1925 Seattle Map Art. This print is from an original found in the maps and geography division of the US Library of Congress. A true piece of history. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- READY TO FRAME: This 18 x 24 Inch print includes a 0.2 inch border for a perfect frame fit and look. Our maps are designed to fit easy-to-find standard frame sizes, saving you money from having to pay for a custom frame. Each map is inspected for quality and shipped in a rigid tube.
- HISTORIX: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. All our maps are proudly made in the USA. Customers all over the world love our vintage maps and we know you will too.