Produced following World War II's conclusion in 1945, this remarkable detailed battle and campaign map illustrates the scale of the conflict throughout Europe and Africa, starting with battles in 1941. The European and Northern Africa theaters saw some of the heaviest fighting as the Allied forces sought to defeat the Axis. This detailed depiction bears a unique aesthetic that immediately transports the viewer back in time, creating a link between the past and present.
World War II dramatically affected the global political alignment of social structures. In its aftermath, the United Nations was formed to foster cooperation between international rivals and prevent future conflicts. The victors went on to control the security council as its permanent leaders. Europe experienced widespread devastation, and its global influence waned in the years following the war. The emergence of a rivalry between the superpower nations The Soviet Union and The United States would set the stage for the nearly half-century-long Cold War. Europe sought to politically integrate to stall any future hostility between nations, end pre-war hostilities, and attempt to forge a common sense of community and shared identity.
The conclusion of the war in Europe marked a turning point, and soon the South Pacific theater would also fall to the Allied forces. The global geopolitical landscape was changed forever by World War II, and it brought many nations into the modern era. This portrayal of the European, Mediterranean, and African theaters is truly an authentic piece of cartographical history.
Our museum quality giclee print comes printed with archival ink on premium heavyweight matte paper. Shipped in a sturdy cardboard tube your print will arrive ready to be framed. This eye-catching vintage map reproduction print makes the perfect gift for anyone that loves history and imagery.
- VINTAGE MAP REPRODUCTION: You’ll love this high quality historic reproduction of 1945 World War II Map. Our museum quality maps are archival grade, which means it will look great and last without fading for over 100 years. Our print to order maps are made in the USA and each map is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They make a perfect gift as well.
- MUSEUM QUALITY: This high quality map print will be a great addition to your vintage-themed wall. Don't waste money on cheap-looking, thin paper posters. We use thick, fine art print quality matte paper. Our professional’s choice matte paper displays artwork in high detail without glare. The color is vibrant and text is easy to read. When framed, this map looks absolutely stunning.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1945 World War 2 Poster. This print is from an original found in the maps and geography division of the US Library of Congress. A true piece of history. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- READY TO FRAME: This 24 x 30 Inch print includes a 0.2 inch border for a perfect frame fit and look. Our maps are designed to fit easy-to-find standard frame sizes, saving you money from having to pay for a custom frame. Each map is inspected for quality and shipped in a rigid tube.
- HISTORIX: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. All our maps are proudly made in the USA. Customers all over the world love our vintage maps and we know you will too.