This classic depiction of the five boroughs and the subway underneath them hearkens back to the images of New York City?s rich history and the vibrancy and unique divergence of culture that each borough represents. This art deco style map is restored and reproduced with striking vibrancy. The 1950?s were a booming time in the city following the end of World War II.
New York City was poised to become the true global center as many of the other great cities in the world lay in ruins following the war. New York was about to experience a boon in growth and development. Midtown Manhattan was becoming the glass towered landscape that is recognizable today, as the East Village became the center of bohemian art and literature. New York began to rival the financial hub of London and the art center of Paris.
The subway became an international icon of the city and this map created by the Union Dime bank in the style of the time details the different lines and stops that connected all points throughout the city. The subway became the great equalizer with traffic from every class and riders all sharing the same cars it became a metaphor for the diversity of the city itself.
Our museum quality giclee print comes printed with archival ink on a heavy matte stock. Shipped in a sturdy cardboard tube your print will arrive ready to be framed. This eye-catching print makes the perfect gift for anyone that loves postwar history and imagery.
You'll love our map New York City poster . Vintage posters New York City make a great gift. Buy your poster map of New York City subway today!
- VINTAGE MAP REPRODUCTION: You’ll love this high quality historic reproduction of 1954 New York City Subway Map Poster . Our museum quality maps are archival grade, which means it will look great and last without fading for over 100 years. Our print to order maps are made in the USA and each map is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They make a perfect gift as well.
- MUSEUM QUALITY: This high quality map print will be a great addition to your vintage-themed wall. Don't waste money on cheap-looking, thin paper posters. We use thick, fine art print quality matte paper. Our professional’s choice matte paper displays artwork in high detail without glare. The color is vibrant and text is easy to read. When framed, this map looks absolutely stunning.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1954 New York City Subway Map Poster . This print is from an original found in the maps and geography division of the US Library of Congress. A true, accurate piece of history. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- READY TO FRAME: This 16 x 24 Inch print includes a 0.2 inch border for a perfect frame fit and look. Our maps are designed to fit easy-to-find standard frame sizes, saving you money from having to pay for a custom frame. Each map is inspected for quality and shipped in a rigid tube.
- HISTORIX: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. All our maps are proudly made in the USA. Customers all over the world love our vintage maps and we know you will too.