- HISTORIC PRINTS: You’ll love this high quality map of 2004 East Asia Map. Our museum quality maps are archival grade, which means it will look great and last without fading for over 100 years. Our print to order maps are made in the USA and each map is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Maps look great in the home, study or office. They make a perfect gift as well.
- MUSEUM QUALITY: This high quality map print will be a great addition to your wall art. Don't waste money on cheap-looking, thin paper posters. We use thick, fine art print quality matte paper. Our professional’s choice matte paper displays artwork in high detail without glare. The color is vibrant and the text is easy to read. When framed, this map looks absolutely stunning.
- ACCURATE MAP: This 2004 Map of East Asia is from an original found in the maps and geography division of the US Library of Congress. A true piece of history. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- READY TO FRAME: This print includes a 0.2 inch border for a perfect frame fit and look. Our maps are designed to fit easy-to-find standard frame sizes, saving you money from having to pay for a custom frame. Each map is inspected for quality and shipped in a rigid tube.
- HISTORIX: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. All our maps are proudly made in the USA. Customers all over the world love our historic maps and we know you will too.
Published in the same year as the devastating tsunami that battered South East Asia, this CIA produced intelligence map bears a distinct style and portrays all geopolitical boundaries. Top US intelligence officials need to set policy goals to create comprehensive defense strategies. By 2004 the region was experiencing a period of growth and transformation after experiencing decades of war and civil unrest, and this time of peace allowed significant growth and expansion.
Following the conclusion of World War II, the region experienced a prolonged period of decolonization, with many modern borders being re-drawn and new nations and governments emerging. Since the start of the twenty-first century, the region has experienced an economic boom that continues to grow along with development and population.
The region's topographical diversity has influenced its development and history and is one of its most unique features. The CIA is the official cartographical arm for the United States, and its crisp style and aesthetic are immediately recognizable. Since 1941 this arm of the intelligence agency has maintained current borders, and through their progression, the world's history can be told. Many of the maps produced by the agency are not released until years after they are produced under confidential statuses and released when the information is no longer sensitive. This depiction of a region with shifting geopolitical and cultural boundaries allows the viewer to understand how national leaders determine policy throughout the world and is an authentic piece of cartographical history.
Our museum quality giclee print comes printed with archival ink on premium heavyweight matte paper. Shipped in a sturdy cardboard tube your print will arrive ready to be framed. This eye-catching vintage map reproduction print makes the perfect gift for anyone that loves history and imagery.