- HISTORIC PRINTS: You’ll love this high quality map of 2005 Uganda Map Poster. Our museum quality maps are archival grade, which means it will look great and last without fading for over 100 years. Our print to order maps are made in the USA and each map is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Maps look great in the home, study or office. They make a perfect gift as well.
- MUSEUM QUALITY: This high quality map print will be a great addition to your wall art. Don't waste money on cheap-looking, thin paper posters. We use thick, fine art print quality matte paper. Our professional’s choice matte paper displays artwork in high detail without glare. The color is vibrant and the text is easy to read. When framed, this map looks absolutely stunning.
- ACCURATE MAP: This 2005 Map of Uganda is from an original found in the maps and geography division of the US Library of Congress. A true piece of history. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- READY TO FRAME: This print includes a 0.2 inch border for a perfect frame fit and look. Our maps are designed to fit easy-to-find standard frame sizes, saving you money from having to pay for a custom frame. Each map is inspected for quality and shipped in a rigid tube.
- HISTORIX: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. All our maps are proudly made in the USA. Customers all over the world love our historic maps and we know you will too.
Published in 2005 by the CIA, this geopolitical and borer map of the East African Nation of Uganda shows the country in a period of relative stability, growth, and transition. This was a significant year for Uganda as it was the first time in over twenty years that multiple political parties were allowed to enter elections. The Nation gained independence from Britain in 1962 and maintained its commonwealth status. Uganda’s political history throughout the twentieth century was marred with military coups and dictatorships, making the production of the geopolitical maps crucial for United States Intelligence, Government, and Military leaders to develop accurate foreign policy strategies while maintaining diplomacy and stability throughout the region.
Uganda is noted for its diverse flora and fauna as well as a landscape that contains snow-capped peaks and a substantial portion of Lake Victoria, and lying in the Nile River Basin. Lake Victoria is the largest lake in Africa and the second largest lake in the world, second to Lake Superior. The lake was first sighted by British explorer John Speke on an expedition to find the source of the Nile sponsored by the Royal Geographic Society.
The distinct aesthetic of CIA produced maps is unrivaled for their accuracy and importance as tools for understanding regional cultures and potential conflicts with foreign powers. Their immediately recognizable style gives the viewer a glimpse into the essential processes that come with devising foreign policy, and this is an authentic piece of CIA cartographical history.
Our museum quality giclee print comes printed with archival ink on premium heavyweight matte paper. Shipped in a sturdy cardboard tube your print will arrive ready to be framed. This eye-catching vintage map reproduction print makes the perfect gift for anyone that loves history and imagery.