- HISTORIC PRINTS: You’ll love this high quality 2006 World Map of This Dynamic Planet Poster. Our museum quality maps are archival grade, which means it will look great and last without fading for over 100 years. Our print to order maps are made in the USA and each map is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Maps look great in the home, study or office. They make a perfect gift as well.
- MUSEUM QUALITY: This high quality map print will be a great addition to your wall art. Don't waste money on cheap-looking, thin paper posters. We use thick, fine art print quality matte paper. Our professional’s choice matte paper displays artwork in high detail without glare. The color is vibrant and the text is easy to read. When framed, this map looks absolutely stunning.
- ACCURATE MAP: This 2006 World Map of Volcanoes Earthquakes Impact Craters & Plate Tectonics print is from an original found in the United States Geological Survey agency of the U.S. Department of the Interior.. A true piece of history. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- READY TO FRAME: This print includes a 0.2 inch border for a perfect frame fit and look. Our maps are designed to fit easy-to-find standard frame sizes, saving you money from having to pay for a custom frame. Each map is inspected for quality and shipped in a rigid tube.
- HISTORIX: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. All our maps are proudly made in the USA. Customers all over the world love our historic maps and we know you will too.
The Earth’s unique geography and topography are continually evolving, and it is a dynamic planet. This detailed map shows over 1,500 volcanoes, 44,000 earthquake locations, and some 170 asteroid impact craters, which have been the primary forces behind the evolution of the Earth’s natural features. This map details the elements that shaped and continue to shape the Earth. Earthquakes and volcanoes are depicted here along the natural faultlines created by the tectonic plates.
Monitoring and recording earthquake and volcanic activity is one of the primary jobs of the US Geological Survey. This snapshot of their data allows the viewer to develop a sense of the scope and magnitude of the Earth’s natural processes of creation. Of the 550 active volcanoes worldwide, some 60 erupt annually, and earthquakes of varying strength have transformed cities and nations throughout history. This illustration creates a visual representation of how the distinct topography we experience came into existence.
Scientists have studied the geological forces behind the Earth’s development for centuries. Maintaining current geological data in a visual form allows for a more thorough understanding of these processes and better prediction modeling. By being able to forecast seismic accurately and volcanic activity, scientists can save lives with evacuation orders. Studying and recording historical data allows them to develop a deeper understanding of when there may be increased activity based on historical information. These maps are evolving as more activity is recorded. These productions stand as a snapshot and are a unique piece of cartographical history.
Our museum quality giclee print comes printed with archival ink on premium heavyweight matte paper. Shipped in a sturdy cardboard tube your print will arrive ready to be framed. This eye-catching map reproduction print makes the perfect gift for anyone that loves history and imagery.