- VINTAGE MAP REPRODUCTION: You’ll love this high quality historic reproduction of 1944 D Day Normandy Map Poster. Our museum quality maps are archival grade, which means it will look great and last without fading for over 100 years. Our print to order maps are made in the USA and each map is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They make a perfect gift as well.
- MUSEUM QUALITY: This high quality map print will be a great addition to your vintage-themed wall. Don't waste money on cheap-looking, thin paper posters. We use thick, fine art print quality matte paper. Our professional’s choice matte paper displays artwork in high detail without glare. The color is vibrant and text is easy to read. When framed, this map looks absolutely stunning.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1944 D Day Normandy Map Poster. This print is from an original found in the maps and geography division of the US Library of Congress. A true piece of history. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- READY TO FRAME: This print includes a 0.2 inch border for a perfect frame fit and look. Our maps are designed to fit easy-to-find standard frame sizes, saving you money from having to pay for a custom frame. Each map is inspected for quality and shipped in a rigid tube.
- HISTORIX: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. All our maps are proudly made in the USA. Customers all over the world love our vintage maps and we know you will too.
As one of the most important moments in the history of World War II, D-Day stands as a turning point in the European theater and one of the most recognizable events of the war. The 743rd Tank Division was selected to be one of the three tank assault battalions that landed as part of the first wave during the June 6 landing.
This spectacularly restored map depicts the D-Day landing and the following 48 days the battalion heroically fought through France. Printed on heavy matte stock with archival ink this museum quality reproduction is an ideal gift for any fan of military or World War II history and is sure to spark conversation given the distinctive quality of the original work.
The 743rd battalion was support for the 116th infantry and followed them onto Omaha beach on a day that stands out as one of the most memorable events in all of World War II. This reproduction map follows their trials and tribulations through the French countryside with remarkable levity and provides the viewer a connection not only to the soldiers in the battalion but to a time and place long gone but not forgotten.
Created by the Army Corps of Engineers on April 4, 1945 this distinctive map stands out as a testament to the bravery of the battalion and their long, hard fought journey. Ready to frame this print makes a unique and interesting piece for any home, classroom, office, or library.