- VINTAGE MAP REPRODUCTION: You’ll love this high quality historic reproduction of 1832 Tennessee State Map. Our museum quality maps are archival grade, which means it will look great and last without fading for over 100 years. Our print to order maps are made in the USA and each map is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They make a perfect gift as well.
- MUSEUM QUALITY: This high quality map print will be a great addition to your vintage-themed wall. Don't waste money on cheap-looking, thin paper posters. We use thick, fine art print quality matte paper. Our professional’s choice matte paper displays artwork in high detail without glare. The color is vibrant and text is easy to read. When framed, this map looks absolutely stunning.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1832 Tennessee State Map. This print is from an original found in the maps and geography division of the US Library of Congress. A true piece of history. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- READY TO FRAME: This print includes a 0.2 inch border for a perfect frame fit and look. Our maps are designed to fit easy-to-find standard frame sizes, saving you money from having to pay for a custom frame. Each map is inspected for quality and shipped in a rigid tube.
- HISTORIX: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. All our maps are proudly made in the USA. Customers all over the world love our vintage maps and we know you will too.
This restored map of Tennessee is the 1832 edition, which is the first created from actual surveys. Early American cartographer Matthew Rhea is credited, and the map was drawn for the Tennessee Gazetteer. Officially instated into the union in 1796 as the 16th state, Tennessee’s rich history reaches back to pre-colonial times. The states significance in both the Revolutionary and Civil Wars cannot be diminished and any fan of American history will appreciate the significance of this first depiction of the true boundaries of Tennessee.
On Tennessee’s eastern border the Great Smoky Mountains National Park has attracted millions of tourists annually since its dedication in 1940 by President Franklin D. Roosevelt. This shared border with North Carolina also contains southern portions of the Appalachian trail, considered the longest through hike in the world.
Our beautifully restored and enhanced map captures the long heritage that Tennessee holds and this museum quality print comes on heavy matte stock printed with archival ink. This handsome reproduction is the perfect gift for any lover of American history and makes a unique piece of decor for any home, office, classroom, or library.
In stunning clarity this map depicts the original ‘important roads,’ ‘common roads,’ and even includes state and county lines, Indian boundary lines, old forts, and Indian villages. This map transports the viewer back in time and presents a vision of the history of Tennessee and America that evokes a land in transition and the start of a more modern era.