- VINTAGE MAP REPRODUCTION: You’ll love this high quality historic reproduction of 1795 Map of the World. Our museum quality maps are archival grade, which means it will look great and last without fading for over 100 years. Our print to order maps are made in the USA and each map is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They make a perfect gift as well.
- MUSEUM QUALITY: This high quality map print will be a great addition to your vintage-themed wall. Don't waste money on cheap-looking, thin paper posters. We use thick, fine art print quality matte paper. Our professional’s choice matte paper displays artwork in high detail without glare. The color is vibrant and text is easy to read. When framed, this map looks absolutely stunning.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1795 Map of the World. This print is from an original found in the maps and geography division of the US Library of Congress. A true piece of history. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- READY TO FRAME: This print includes a 0.2 inch border for a perfect frame fit and look. Our maps are designed to fit easy-to-find standard frame sizes, saving you money from having to pay for a custom frame. Each map is inspected for quality and shipped in a rigid tube.
- HISTORIX: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. All our maps are proudly made in the USA. Customers all over the world love our vintage maps and we know you will too.
This enhanced reproduction of the 1795 Map of the World from the Best Authorities comes printed on Museum quality archival matte stock with the finest ink. Originally printed by noted Philadelphia publisher and printer Matthew Carey this historical reproduction is the perfect addition for any home study, office, library, or classroom. Carey is known as one of the seminal figures in early American cartography. This version originally appeared in Carey’s American Atlas and marked a turning point for the emerging American nation and our enhanced museum quality reproduction gives this map a distinct level of clarity. Cartography in this period was reaching a new level of accuracy which gives this reproduction unique value as not just a tool but an engraving rivaling some of the best pieces of art.
Maps at this time were painstakingly created and the unique aesthetic is unmistakable. Additionally, maps each year changed dramatically and thus the history and understanding of nations, geography, and geo-political boundaries developed as well. This museum quality enhanced reproduction is the perfect gift or decorative piece for any lover of antiquities and comes prepared for matting and framing in a sturdy tube to ensure it arrives in the best shape.
This reproduction represents the geo-political landscape of the United States post Revolutionary war and pre Louisiana Purchase, a unique period of development for the nation as it has come to be known. Our enhanced reproductions complement any space, and create a sense of historical importance and connection to our shared past.