- HISTORIC PRINT REPRODUCTION: You’ll love this high quality historic reproduction of 1950 New York Poster Print. Our museum quality prints are archival grade, which means it will look great and last without fading for over 100 years. Our print to order posters are made in the USA and each print is inspected for quality. This historic print is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage prints look great in the home, study or office. They make a perfect gift as well.
- MUSEUM QUALITY: This high quality poster print will be a great addition to your vintage-themed wall. Don't waste money on cheap-looking, thin paper posters. We use high-end printing equipment with professional quality paper and ink. Our professional’s choice matte paper displays images beautifully.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1950 Vintage New York Wall Art. A true piece of history. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic print and its significance.
- READY TO FRAME: This print includes a 0.2 inch border for a perfect frame fit and look. Our prints are designed to fit easy-to-find standard frame sizes, saving you money from having to pay for a custom frame. Each print is inspected for quality and shipped in a rigid envelope/tube. The Historic Prints logo watermark will not appear in the print.
- HISTORIX: We love history and art. Sometimes old posters have tears, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance vintage posters while keeping its historical character. All our prints are proudly made in the USA. Looking for a specific print size? Please contact us. Customers all over the world love our vintage prints and we know you will too.
Illustrated by the innovative and influential American artist Adolph Treidler this depiction of the iconic New York City shows the city in a period of significant growth and transformation following the conclusion of World War II. For centuries New York City welcomed immigrants in search of the American dream, and its diverse neighborhoods and communities reflect the numerous regions and countries that represent the 20 million residents of the metropolitan area. This poster's distinctively art-deco style is reflective of Treidler's unique aesthetic and transports the viewer back in time immediately. His bold use of primary colors and sharp lines was a move forward as advertising became more modern.
This poster was produced for Aer Lingus to promote tourism to Ireland during the 1950s, and Treidler's work had been used widely for tourism boards and as part of the effort to recruit troops and workers during World War I. Treidler was born in 1886 and studied at the California School of Design in San Francisco, and his works were widely popular from the 1930s to the 1960s, when a shift from more traditional styles gave way to more experimental art forms. His distinctive style is immediately recognizable, and he remains an influential designer for mid-century advertisement and art.
The post-war boom marked a period of significant economic prosperity and growth for not only New York City but the United States at large, and as Americans enjoyed this time, vacations became essential. This is a unique piece of American advertising history.