- VINTAGE MAP REPRODUCTION: You’ll love this high quality historic reproduction of 1852 Persia Arabia Map. Our museum quality prints are archival grade, which means it will look great and last without fading for over 100 years. Our print to order maps are made in the USA and each map is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They make a perfect gift as well.
- MUSEUM QUALITY: This high quality map print will be a great addition to your vintage-themed wall. Don't waste money on cheap-looking, thin paper posters. We use thick, fine art print quality matte paper. Our professional’s choice matte paper displays artwork in high detail without glare. The color is vibrant and text is easy to read. When framed, this map looks absolutely stunning.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1852 Middle East Map Poster. A true piece of history. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- READY TO FRAME: This print includes a 0.2 inch border for a perfect frame fit and look. Our maps are designed to fit easy-to-find standard frame sizes, saving you money from having to pay for a custom frame. Each map is inspected for quality and shipped in a rigid tube.
- HISTORIX: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. All our maps are proudly made in the USA. Customers all over the world love our vintage maps and we know you will too.
Published by prominent Philadelphia-based Thomas, Cowperthwait & Co., this classic depiction of the Arabian Peninsula and Persian Empire in the middle of the nineteenth century bears a distinctive style that is immediately recognizable and transports the viewer back in time. The Persian Empire is now modern-day Iran and has a rich history, and the region has been inhabited for more than one hundred thousand years. However, the rise of Islam in the seventh century has come to shape the area culturally and politically into modern times. Throughout history, the region has contributed significantly to art and science, and Persian literature is considered one of the world’s most prominent traditions.
Because trade between Asia and Europe took overland routes for much of the Middle Ages, the region advanced the spread of knowledge, agricultural products, and spiritual philosophies. The region is home to some of the most sacred holy sites in the world in eluding Mecca and Medina, which remain central to Islamic traditions. By the middle portion of the nineteenth century, the overland trade routes had been superseded by sailing vessels as circumnavigation around South America and Africa allowed goods to be transported to internationally.
The region was never largely colonized though it does bear a distinct culture that is representative of its surrounding nations. The decades following the publication of this map saw significant expansion and the completion of the Hejaz Railway in 1900 spurred even further access throughout the area. This is an authentic piece of cartographical history with a classic aesthetic.
Our museum quality giclee print comes printed with archival ink on premium heavyweight matte paper. Shipped in a sturdy cardboard tube your print will arrive ready to be framed. This eye-catching vintage map reproduction print makes the perfect gift for anyone that loves history and imagery.