- VINTAGE MAP REPRODUCTION: You’ll love this high quality historic reproduction of 1879 Gillespie County Map. Our museum quality prints are archival grade, which means it will look great and last without fading for over 100 years. Our print to order maps are made in the USA and each map is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They make a perfect gift as well.
- MUSEUM QUALITY: This high quality map print will be a great addition to your vintage-themed wall. Don't waste money on cheap-looking, thin paper posters. We use thick, fine art print quality matte paper. Our professional’s choice matte paper displays artwork in high detail without glare. The color is vibrant and text is easy to read. When framed, this map looks absolutely stunning.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1879 Gillespie County Texas Vintage Map. A true piece of history. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- READY TO FRAME: This print includes a 0.2 inch border for a perfect frame fit and look. Our maps are designed to fit easy-to-find standard frame sizes, saving you money from having to pay for a custom frame. Each map is inspected for quality and shipped in a rigid tube.
- HISTORIX: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. All our maps are proudly made in the USA. Customers all over the world love our vintage maps and we know you will too.
Located in the heart of the Texas Hill Country, Gillespie County is home to the iconic Fredericksburg known for its classic German architecture and small-town feel. Nearby Johnson City was the birthplace of 36th President Lyndon Baines Johnson, who brought numerous modern advances to the regions during the early parts of the twentieth century. In 1842 the Adelsverein was formed in Germany to allow immigrants to settle throughout Texas. Some six hundred German families participated in the program and arrived in Texas the same year. These settlers established numerous communities in Gillespie County, the largest being Fredericksburg. They maintained a deep sense of German culture, traditions, and architecture.
By the latter portion of the nineteenth century, the region was experiencing a significant period of growth and transformation spurred by advances in rail lines, rich agricultural productivity, and increased immigration. Gillespie County was formally created in 1848 from the neighboring Bexar and Travis counties following a petition from predominantly German settlers. Texas gained statehood in 1849 following a period as an independent nation after the conclusion of the Mexican-American War.
Texas did not suffer the same destruction as other southern states during the Civil War and had rebuilt its economy by the time of this publication as one of the most iconic states of the south Texas maintains a distinct culture and place in American history. This piece bears a unique aesthetic and distinctive style that immediately transports the viewer back in time, creating an indelible bond between the past and present.
Our museum quality giclee print comes printed with archival ink on premium heavyweight matte paper. Shipped in a sturdy cardboard tube your print will arrive ready to be framed. This eye-catching vintage map reproduction print makes the perfect gift for anyone that loves history and imagery.