- VINTAGE MAP REPRODUCTION: You’ll love this high quality historic reproduction of 1892 Galveston County Map. Our museum quality maps are archival grade, which means it will look great and last without fading for over 100 years. Our print to order maps are made in the USA and each map is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They make a perfect gift as well.
- MUSEUM QUALITY: This high quality map print will be a great addition to your vintage-themed wall. Don't waste money on cheap-looking, thin paper posters. We use thick, fine art print quality matte paper. Our professional’s choice matte paper displays artwork in high detail without glare. The color is vibrant and text is easy to read. When framed, this map looks absolutely stunning.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1892 Galveston County Map. This print is from an original found in the maps and geography division of the US Library of Congress. A true piece of history. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- READY TO FRAME: This print includes a 0.2 inch border for a perfect frame fit and look. Our maps are designed to fit easy-to-find standard frame sizes, saving you money from having to pay for a custom frame. Each map is inspected for quality and shipped in a rigid tube.
- HISTORIX: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. All our maps are proudly made in the USA. Customers all over the world love our vintage maps and we know you will too.
This land ownership map of Galveston County was originally produced in 1892. These unique maps were created to indicate owner plot number and in many cases the property owner's names. Land ownership maps are less common and share an interesting perspective on the history of towns and cities.
Our digitally restored and enhanced reproduction is color corrected and updated to reconstruct the quality of this historical map. Galveston in 1892 was a thriving international port and one of the main entries to the United States and a central hub for trade in Texas. The main street called The Strand was even referred to as “The Wall Street of the South.”
Galveston was very successful during the post Civil War reconstruction and this map depicts the rich history of the region and the progressive civil rights movement that flourished on the island. Immigrant families often remained on the island after their arrival in the United States due to the flourishing economy and excellent education. Galveston was also the hometown of the greatest pugilist of the era Jack Johnson.
This handsome reproduction is printed on heavy matte stock with museum quality archival ink and is an ideal gift for the history fan in your life. Shipped in a sturdy cardboard tube your print will arrive ready to frame. Our digital restorations and enhancements update this Galveston poster map and create a stunning piece of Galveston decor that makes a perfect addition to any home, office, classroom, or library.