- VINTAGE MAP REPRODUCTION: You’ll love this high quality historic reproduction of 1899 Pittsfield Massachusetts Wall Map. Our museum quality prints are archival grade, which means it will look great and last without fading for over 100 years. Our print to order maps are made in the USA and each map is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They make a perfect gift as well.
- MUSEUM QUALITY: This high quality map print will be a great addition to your vintage-themed wall. Don't waste money on cheap-looking, thin paper posters. We use thick, fine art print quality matte paper. Our professional’s choice matte paper displays artwork in high detail without glare. The color is vibrant and text is easy to read. When framed, this map looks absolutely stunning.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1899 Pittsfield Map of Massachusetts. A true piece of history. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- READY TO FRAME: This print includes a 0.2 inch border for a perfect frame fit and look. Our maps are designed to fit easy-to-find standard frame sizes, saving you money from having to pay for a custom frame. Each map is inspected for quality and shipped in a rigid tube.
- HISTORIX: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. All our maps are proudly made in the USA. Customers all over the world love our vintage maps and we know you will too.
The latter portions of the nineteenth century saw Pittsfield expanding economically and culturally as the United States was experiencing a period of significant prosperity following the Industrial Revolution and advances in technology and transportation. As the County Seat of Berkshire County, Pittsfield was expanding as industrial development attracted immigrants from across America, and its location on the banks of the Housatonic River allowed for numerous mills and factories to be built. Pittsfield also enjoyed the economic benefits of a thriving textile industry primarily spurred by the production of Merino wool.
First incorporated in 1761, Pittsfield remains one of the most iconic cities in western Massachusetts and is a cultural center for the region. By the late nineteenth century, the city had become a bustling metropolis, and this stunning birds eye perspective captures Pittsfield in a period of significant prosperity and growth. Panoramic maps were widely popular during the nineteenth century and served as marketing materials to attract residents and merchants alike. Their unique aesthetic and distinctive style are immediately recognizable, and they transport the viewer back in time, creating an indelible bond between the past and present. They featured prominent civic buildings, religious and educational institutions, and geographic attractions.
This is an authentic piece of American cartographical history that captures Pittsfield in one of its most transformative periods as the nation neared the turn of the twentieth century. Pittsfield and Berkshire County remain some of the most enduring spaces in western Massachusetts and bear a rich history and storied past.
Our museum quality giclee print comes printed with archival ink on premium heavyweight matte paper. This eye-catching vintage map reproduction print makes the perfect gift for anyone that loves history and imagery.