- VINTAGE MAP REPRODUCTION: You’ll love this high quality historic reproduction of 1899 Plainfield & North Plainfield New Jersey Map. Our museum quality prints are archival grade, which means it will look great and last without fading for over 100 years. Our print to order maps are made in the USA and each map is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They make a perfect gift as well.
- MUSEUM QUALITY: This high quality map print will be a great addition to your vintage-themed wall. Don't waste money on cheap-looking, thin paper posters. We use thick, fine art print quality matte paper. Our professional’s choice matte paper displays artwork in high detail without glare. The color is vibrant and text is easy to read. When framed, this map looks absolutely stunning.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1899 North Plainfield Map of New Jersey Poster. A true piece of history. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- READY TO FRAME: This print includes a 0.2 inch border for a perfect frame fit and look. Our maps are designed to fit easy-to-find standard frame sizes, saving you money from having to pay for a custom frame. Each map is inspected for quality and shipped in a rigid tube.
- HISTORIX: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. All our maps are proudly made in the USA. Customers all over the world love our vintage maps and we know you will too.
First settled in 1684 by Quakers, Plainfield New Jersey, was officially incorporated in 1869. The city’s expansion relied heavily on the economic opportunities and ease of commute to New York City, and it grew as a bedroom suburb. Throughout the nineteenth century, the city became known for its prosperity and has a well-maintained architectural legacy for grand homes dating back to the Gilded Age. Further expansion of railroads allowed commuters to enjoy the business opportunities in the city while enjoying the relative calm of suburban life. By 1899 the town had grown to a population of more than fifteen thousand, nearly tripling in size from the 1870s.
Produced and published by noted lithography firm Landis & Hughes, this depiction captures a significant moment of transformation for the United States as it approached the turn of the century. Technological advances, including the telephone and electrical lines, had considerable impacts across the nation, though these were adopted earlier in the dense cities of the Northeast. Birds eye perspectives served as marketing materials to entice residents and merchants alike and bear a signature aesthetic and unique style that immediately transports the viewer back in time, creating an indelible bond between the past and present.
This is an authentic piece of American cartographical history and provides a snapshot of everyday life in the nineteenth century. As the nation experienced significant transformation and prosperity, American culture was becoming more defined and would shape society for decades to come politically, culturally, and economically.
Our museum quality giclee print comes printed with archival ink on premium heavyweight matte paper. Shipped in a sturdy cardboard tube your print will arrive ready to be framed. This eye-catching vintage map reproduction print makes the perfect gift for anyone that loves history and imagery.