- VINTAGE MAP REPRODUCTION: You’ll love this high quality historic reproduction of 1904 Billings Montana Map Poster. Our museum quality prints are archival grade, which means it will look great and last without fading for over 100 years. Our print to order maps are made in the USA and each map is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They make a perfect gift as well.
- MUSEUM QUALITY: This high quality map print will be a great addition to your vintage-themed wall. Don't waste money on cheap-looking, thin paper posters. We use thick, fine art print quality matte paper. Our professional’s choice matte paper displays artwork in high detail without glare. The color is vibrant and text is easy to read. When framed, this map looks absolutely stunning.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1904 Billings Yellowstone County Montana Wall Map. A true piece of history. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- READY TO FRAME: This print includes a 0.2 inch border for a perfect frame fit and look. Our maps are designed to fit easy-to-find standard frame sizes, saving you money from having to pay for a custom frame. Each map is inspected for quality and shipped in a rigid tube.
- HISTORIX: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. All our maps are proudly made in the USA. Customers all over the world love our vintage maps and we know you will too.
The largest city in Montana, Billings remains an enduring and iconic symbol of the American West and an essential trade hub since its founding in 1882. The city grew to more than two thousand residents in its first three months. This rapid expansion earned the city the nickname “The Magic City,” as it quickly appeared following its establishment. The discovery of oil fields in Montana and Wyoming in the early portions of the twentieth century spurred economic growth, and Billings became the financial and investment center of the remote region. Subsequent discoveries of natural gas and coal further expanded the city’s reputation as an essential energy provider and broker.
Billings is the county seat of Yellowstone County, and more than two-thirds of the city is located in the Yellowstone Valley. Geographically, Billings is divided by the Rimrocks, which have helped shape the local culture and urban development. The city is surrounded by seven mountain ranges and includes views of the Absaroka Range which comprises the eastern border of Yellowstone National Park.
Produced by one of the most prolific American mapmakers, Henry Wellge, this birds-eye perspective bears a distinctive aesthetic and characteristic style that immediately transports the viewer back in time. Birdseye perspectives were widely popular during the nineteenth and early twentieth century and served as marketing materials to attract residents and merchants alike. Wellge was among six mapmakers responsible for creating more than half of all birds-eye perspectives in existence. This is an authentic piece of cartographical history.
Our museum quality giclee print comes printed with archival ink on premium heavyweight matte paper. Shipped in a sturdy cardboard tube your print will arrive ready to be framed. This eye-catching vintage map reproduction print makes the perfect gift for anyone that loves history and imagery.