- VINTAGE MAP REPRODUCTION: You’ll love this high quality historic reproduction of 1922 Middletown New York Map. Our museum quality prints are archival grade, which means it will look great and last without fading for over 100 years. Our print to order maps are made in the USA and each map is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They make a perfect gift as well.
- MUSEUM QUALITY: This high quality map print will be a great addition to your vintage-themed wall. Don't waste money on cheap-looking, thin paper posters. We use thick, fine art print quality matte paper. Our professional’s choice matte paper displays artwork in high detail without glare. The color is vibrant and text is easy to read. When framed, this map looks absolutely stunning.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1922 Map of Middletown NY. A true piece of history. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- READY TO FRAME: This print includes a 0.2 inch border for a perfect frame fit and look. Our maps are designed to fit easy-to-find standard frame sizes, saving you money from having to pay for a custom frame. Each map is inspected for quality and shipped in a rigid tube.
- HISTORIX: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. All our maps are proudly made in the USA. Customers all over the world love our vintage maps and we know you will too.
Produced by Oakley Hoopes Bailey under the imprint Hughes & Fowler, this stunning depiction of Middletown, New York, shows the city in a period of significant transformation in the early operation of the twentieth century. Bailey focused his work on the Northeast and was among the most prolific producer of birds eye perspectives. The signature style and ornate flourishes, and attention to detail are characteristic of his work and are immediately recognizable. Panoramic maps were used to entice residents and merchants to cities across America and featured prominent civic features and economic opportunities. They were widely popular, and this work marks a piece produced as their popularity began to wane due to advances in aviation and aerial photography.
Located in the iconic Hudson Valley and the foothills of the Shawangunk Mountains, Middletown was first incorporated in 1888 and attracted manufacturing plants and other industries to the region. It expanded as access increased with the completion of the Erie Railroad as well as the New York, Ontario, and Western Railway. By 1922 Middletown was a major producer of furniture and shoes. It experienced considerable prosperity through World War II. The areas around the city remain largely agrarian and untouched at the eastern terminus of the Appalachian Mountains.
This is an authentic piece of American cartographical history that captures Middletown in a significant period of its rich history. As the Nation became more developed and modernized, numerous buildings were being constructed, which are highlighted in the detailed insets; a classic Bailey touch.
Our museum quality giclee print comes printed with archival ink on premium heavyweight matte paper. Shipped in a sturdy cardboard tube your print will arrive ready to be framed. This eye-catching vintage map reproduction print makes the perfect gift for anyone that loves history and imagery.