- VINTAGE MAP FRAMED: You’ll love this high-quality framed historic reproduction of 1940 Great Smoky Mountains Map. Our ready-to-hang maps are printed and framed in the USA by professional art framers using the highest quality materials. Each order is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They also make an unforgettable gift.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1940 Great Smoky Mountains Map. A true piece of history. Historic prints beautifully link the past with the present. You may find yourself staring at your historic wall art for hours in wonderment. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- QUALITY PAPER: To display this amazing piece of history, we use museum-quality heavyweight (230gsm), fine art print matte paper. Our paper is acid-free which allows the print to retain its color quality for generations. Our paper displays vintage map art with accurate color reproduction. This high quality print will be a wonderful addition to your vintage-themed wall.
- READY TO HANG: This high-quality frame displays art beautifully in almost any environment. The frame is made out of poplar wood (for black and white) and pine wood (for walnut and natural) with a matte finish. The frame profile is 1.5 inches high and 0.75 (for size 18x24) and 1.125 (for size 24x36) inches wide. To protect artwork, we use high-quality, lightweight, shatter-resistant frame-grade acrylic. Frames arrive ready-to-hang, preinstalled with hanging hardware.
- HISTORIC PRINTS: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, stamps, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. Our framed prints are made-to-order in the USA by professional art framers. Customers all over the world love our historic prints and we know you will too.
The Great Smoky Mountains are among the oldest in the world and a true American icon, evoking images of early American settlers and the rich cultural tapestry of Southern Appalachian history. Our enhanced, museum quality, giclee reproductions of the original 1940 Smoky Mountains map are the perfect representation of that history.
The original 1940 map was created for the dedication of the park by President Franklin D. Roosevelt and serves as an iconic piece of park history. A distinctive aesthetic takes the viewer back in time, instilling an indelible bond between present and past, while our enhanced archival print transforms this rich history into a contemporary work.
The famous Appalachian trail drives straight through the heart of the park and has been an international attraction for hikers since its completion in 1937. Some 2 million people attempt this through hike annually and when hikers’ journey takes them through the Great Smoky National Park they find the highest elevation of the entire trail.
The Museum level quality of this enhanced reproduction brings the piece to life and provides a real sense of connection to the history of the park and region. Printed on heavy matte stock this print is perfect as a gift for the hikers and history buffs in your life, or a unique addition to your own space. Add a layer of visual and historical depth to any home, office or classroom.
Our ready-to-hang wall art are printed and framed in the USA using the highest quality materials with professional craftsmanship. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Historic prints look great in the home, study or office. They also make an unforgettable gift.