- VINTAGE MAP FRAMED: You’ll love this high-quality framed historic reproduction of 1944 D-Day Normandy Map. Our ready-to-hang maps are printed and framed in the USA by professional art framers using the highest quality materials. Each order is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Vintage maps look great in the home, study or office. They also make an unforgettable gift.
- A LOOK BACK AT HISTORY: This is an impressive, historic reproduction of 1944 Map of Normandy France. A true piece of history. Historic prints beautifully link the past with the present. You may find yourself staring at your historic wall art for hours in amazement. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- PREMIUM QUALITY: To display this amazing piece of history, we use museum-quality heavyweight (230gsm), fine art print matte paper. Our paper is acid-free which allows the print to retain its color quality for generations. Our paper displays vintage map art with accurate color reproduction. This high quality print will be a wonderful addition to your vintage-themed wall.
- READY TO HANG: This high-quality frame displays art beautifully in almost any environment. The frame is made out of poplar wood (for black and white) and pine wood (for walnut and natural) with a matte finish. The frame profile is 1.5 inches high and 0.75 (for size 18x24) and 1.125 (for size 24x36) inches wide. To protect artwork, we use high-quality, lightweight, shatter-resistant frame-grade acrylic. Frames arrive ready-to-hang, preinstalled with hanging hardware.
- HISTORIC PRINTS: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, stamps, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. Our framed prints are made-to-order in the USA by professional art framers. Customers all over the world love our historic prints and we know you will too.
As one of the most important moments in the history of World War II, D-Day stands as a turning point in the European theater and one of the most recognizable events of the war. The 743rd Tank Division was selected to be one of the three tank assault battalions that landed as part of the first wave during the June 6 landing.
This spectacularly restored map depicts the D-Day landing and the following 48 days the battalion heroically fought through France. Printed on heavy matte stock with archival ink this museum quality reproduction is an ideal gift for any fan of military or World War II history and is sure to spark conversation given the distinctive quality of the original work.
The 743rd battalion was support for the 116th infantry and followed them onto Omaha beach on a day that stands out as one of the most memorable events in all of World War II. This reproduction map follows their trials and tribulations through the French countryside with remarkable levity and provides the viewer a connection not only to the soldiers in the battalion but to a time and place long gone but not forgotten.
Created by the Army Corps of Engineers on April 4, 1945 this distinctive map stands out as a testament to the bravery of the battalion and their long, hard fought journey. Ready to frame this print makes a unique and interesting piece for any home, classroom, office, or library.
Our ready-to-hang wall art are printed and framed in the USA using the highest quality materials with professional craftsmanship. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Historic prints look great in the home, study or office. They also make an unforgettable gift.