- HISTORIC PRINTS: You’ll love this high quality map of United States Electoral College Votes by State Map Poster. Our museum quality maps are archival grade, which means it will look great and last without fading for over 100 years. Our print to order maps are made in the USA and each map is inspected for quality. This beautiful artwork is a perfect addition to your themed decor. Maps look great in the home, study or office. They make a perfect gift as well.
- MUSEUM QUALITY: This high quality map print will be a great addition to your wall art. Don't waste money on cheap-looking, thin paper posters. We use thick, fine art print quality matte paper. Our professional’s choice matte paper displays artwork in high detail without glare. The color is vibrant and text is easy to read. When framed, this map looks absolutely stunning.
- ACCURATE MAP: This United States Electoral College Votes by State Map Poster is from an original found in the maps and geography division of the US Library of Congress. A true piece of history. See our product description section for more fascinating information about this historic map and its significance.
- READY TO FRAME: This print includes a 0.2 inch border for a perfect frame fit and look. Our maps are designed to fit easy-to-find standard frame sizes, saving you money from having to pay for a custom frame. Each map is inspected for quality and shipped in a rigid tube. Shipping is fast and free.
- HISTORIX: We love history and art. Sometimes old maps have tears, folds, separations and other blemishes. We digitally restore and enhance maps while keeping its historical character. All our maps are proudly made in the USA. We stand behind our products with a 100% satisfaction guarantee. Customers all over the world love our historic maps and we know you will too.
Produced in 2008, this electoral college map illustrates the number of electors from each state that will elect the President and Vice President of the United States. The college was formed with the idea that the President should be elected by the people and that representation between urban and rural voters should be mitigated.
With 538 total electors, the election process requires a majority of 270 votes for a candidate to become President. The states choose their slate of electors based on political lines and are convened every four years before the general election. The college is subject to an ongoing debate with supporters arguing that it as a fundamental part of American federalism. Critics say that candidates that in the popular vote should not lose the general election due to a lack of majority in the college. The latter has only happened five times in US history.
The college never meets as one central body instead, joining in their respective state capitals on the Monday after the second Wednesday in December. While each state has a slight variation in the process, the college is generally conducted in the same manner. The twelfth amendment requires the Congress to count elector votes then, thus determining the victor.
Though it is widely assumed the electors will faithfully vote along party line, there can be faithless electors who break with their party and vote for their political opponent, though these cases have been rare with just over 150 since 1789.
Our museum quality giclee print comes printed with archival ink on premium heavyweight matte paper. Shipped in a sturdy cardboard tube your print will arrive ready to be framed. This eye-catching map print makes the perfect gift for anyone that loves history and imagery.